Sunday, June 30, 2013

Top 10 Under $10




Emily over at Beauty Broadcast (one of my favorite YouTubers) started a tag called Top 10 under $10.  She lists some great stuff if you want to go check it out.   I thought it be fun to share what my top 10 are.


Rimmel’s Stay Matte Powder in Translucent, $5:  I like this for its quality vs price valueI like to set my foundation with this when I use a full coverage one as it mattifies and sets it without caking on any more coverage.  Stay Matte keeps me oil-free for only a couple of hours though, but I’m extremely oily.  For the normal person, it should work most of the day.

Revlon Lip Butters, about $6:  My top three shades are Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, and Red Velvet.  These, of course, have great pigmentation and comfortable wear.  If you are just started wearing lip products, this is a great place to experiment.  

Wet N Wild “Comfort Zone” palette, $5
– Wet N Wild makes amazing eyeshadows under the Color Icon line, but this palette is worth its own mention.  There are 8 pans, half brown neutrals and half green neutrals that can be combined to make all kinds of looks.  The palette also has a dupe for MAC’s awesome duochrome eyeshadow, “Club”.




Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette, $10 – I keep trying new concealers but at the end of the day I come back to this lovely little square.  It comes with 2 shades of concealer, 1 corrector, and a setting powder.  The beauty of the three creamy products is that you can blend them to make a shade that matches your skin tone. It’s creamy, blendable, long lasting, and very compact. 


ELF Powder Brush, $3 – Simply put, you need at least 3 of these: one for powder, one for foundation, and another for blush/bronzer.  It’s great at buffing in liquid foundation, using it to set powder and not move your concealer around, and fluffy enough for blush and bronzer.  So yes, you need 3 of these. 


Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Liners, $4.50-$5.00 – These are so creamy and just beautiful! I have the Nude and Brown shades.  Nude is great on the waterline to brighten up the eyes and a perfect dupe for the Stila and Tarte ones.  I like using Brown to line my upper lashline and then smudge it out with a shadow.  They’re also great on the waterline and pretty much stay there for hours.



Milani Blushes are probably one of the prettiest drugstore products out there
Milani Baked Blushes, $9 – Pretty and pigmented blushes that rival a lot of MAC mineralized blushes.  These are seriously heavy on the color, so use a light hand when applying or using something like duo fiber brush.


ELF Shine Eraser sheets, $1 – As an oily person, these are heaven sent.  I use one of these to absorb the oils on my face halfway through the day before reapplying a powder to help avoid cakeyness.  They are also great to freshen up before taking pictures because damn, sometimes the flash really likes to bounce off all that shine.



Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadows  Color Tattoos work great as bases for shadows to stick to or by themselves.  I love wearing Pomegranate Punk on it’s own on lazy days, or using something like Bold Gold as a base for gold/rose toned eyeshadows.  Seriously, you need one of these in your collection.  These range in price soo much, I’ve seen them from $4 to doubling at $8. Do some research and dig up Maybelline coupons to make sure you get the best deal. 



Milani Color Statement Lipsticks, $5 -  It was tough picking a lipstick line (oh Revlon I’m sorry!) but these lipsticks have seriously knocked it out of the park in the last couple months since they launched.  There are tons of shades and finishes, but what makes them a winner for me is the formula and comfort.  I have very dry lips, so a lot of lipsticks end up doing damage to them.  This is one formula that doesn’t do that.  Plus they smell like jolly rangers!  You also need at least one these in your collection.





No comments:

Post a Comment