Saturday, April 27, 2013

Seashore Frosts

I'm sure the rest of the beauty blogging world has already posted about the following product, but I love it too much to not rave about it myself too.

Maybelline released their summer collection recently.  I went into Rite Aid for a quick 40% off visit to Wet n Wild when I was stopped in my tracks by the Maybelline display; I finally found them, the 8 limited edition Color Tattoos.  It's those words, LIMITED EDITION, that get me every time. I had heard that Seashore Frosts was the one to get from Nouveau Cheap, so as soon as I saw it I snatched it up.  What if someone had beaten me to it? 

This Color Tattoo is A LOT creamier than the other three I own, it almost feels whipped.  It's super blendable but does need a little bit of build to get an intense color.  It makes a great base for any color, especially if you are looking for some frostiness. 



More pictures after the jump!




I don't even know how to describe this color.  It's a cool-toned grey with a blue, green, pink, gold multichrome thing going on.  In the pot, as you can see below, it leans towards a purple-y grey.  When I took the picture with flash, the blue and pink really came out.


Taken with flash



Here are some swatches on the skin.  The left is heavy, the right is a little more sheered out.  Also notice the color shift between the two.


Taken with flash.



Finally, here it is on my eyes, along with a little of Kat Von D's "Mi Vida Loca" palette.

I used Urban Decay's Naked on the crease to blend out Seashore Frosts.  Then put some green on the outer third followed by a purple on the outer V.  The inner half of my eyes is just the color tattoo.






No comments:

Post a Comment